What's New in Grade Two: 12/10-12/21

This week's blogger is Daphne!

Animal Research Project: Today we presented our Animal Research Projects to the first graders. I researched the turkey. In the winter, turkeys eat acorns. In the summer, spring, and fall, turkeys eat grass. To create my animal's habitat, I used construction paper to make a collage. I decorated my habitat with markers. I also used construction paper to make a pop-up (3D) road and grass for my turkey. I was excited to share my project with the first graders!

Writing: Yesterday, I shared a story about camping. I went camping over the summer with my family.

Fitness and Health: We have been learning Israeli dance. I have really enjoyed it so far.

Science: Last week, Drumlin Farm came to visit Rashi. They brought three animals: a possum, a Canada goose, and a spotted turtle. My favorite animal was the possum because it was cute! Pat from Drumlin Farm explained that their farm is a sanctuary to protect animals. For example, the possum did not have eyes. The Canada goose was also injured, and the turtle was abandoned. I really enjoyed the visit from Drumlin Farm.

Jewish Studies: Last week, we had our Havdallah Family Program. My mom came, and we made a Havdallah candle together, we painted a kiddish cup, and we chose spices, and we sang songs.

Science: We started learning about and experimenting with water. One interesting fact I learned is that water can pass through lava.

Experimenting with water to prepare for Design Day 

                   

                       

                   

Eli sharing his first fictional story, The Redheads


Our Visit from Drumlin Farm

           


Sharing our Animal Research Projects

                   

                    

                    

                    

                    

                    

                    

Design Day!

                                    
























































Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight on the Middle School Fall Play

Behind the scenes of the Rashi Theater Program

Spotlight on the Lower School Show