This year I have had the opportunity to work with the lower school students on their wonderful After School fall show, The Twelve Dancing Princesses . I am the Production Assistant for the show. As somebody who has worked with Bonny in the Rashi School Theater Program for a very long time, I love seeing all the students show their love for theater every Monday. It brings me so much joy when I get to work with them and give them acting advice, the helpful tips and tricks that I was taught when I was younger by the student leader helping out. I love being able to work with the students and gain closer bonds with them as both a regular student and a role model. I choose to work with these students because I know how fun and exciting drama can be especially when you are a part of a younger age group. I feel like the older you get the more awkward or ¨embarrassing” certain shows and roles can be, which can affect your acting because it might be a little out of your comfort zone. This parti...
As you heard from the ITS Theater Officers recently, Rashi is a member in good standing not only with the International Thespian Society (ITS), but also (METG) which is the Massachusetts Education Theater Guild. METG has been around for a long time and was originally just a High School Organization that ran the HS Theater Festival in Massachusetts. Over the years it has developed a Middle School Division that runs workshops, Theater Contests and MS Festival as well as a Boston Initiative and the MET (musical) Awards. You may hear the students talking about "Festival" which we run out of In School MS Electives program. Middle Schools from around the state hold a 2 day festival at 6-7 host sites and each school presents a 40 minute play that is adjudicated by professionals. The students earn All-Star Awards as well as Bronze, Silver or Gold Medals for the school. It isn't as competitive as the High School Festival where schools move on from Preliminaries to Sem...
From Boston to Israel with Love! by Stephanie Rotsky and Ellen Berkowitz The entire Rashi School community got involved in sending love, encouragement, sweet new year's wishes and a spirited affirmation that we are thinking about you to families living in the southern region of Israel. CJP's initiative - Sweet Wishes for a Sweeter New Year - engaged students and families all over the Greater Boston area during the High Holidays in reaching out and showing our enduring connection and support for Israel & her people through heart-felt beautiful new year's cards. It was a privilege to be in every classroom last month to work with students and teachers to create these cards for Israeli families. Might we even say it felt like a sacred moment... Dena Rashes, Rashi parent and CJP Israel participant, will be part of an upcoming mission to help hand- deliver these new year's cards to families living in southern Israel. Thank you, Dena! ...