Spotlight on the Lower School Show


This year I have had the opportunity to work with the lower school students on their wonderful After School fall show, The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I am the Production Assistant for the show. As somebody who has worked with Bonny in the Rashi School Theater Program for a very long time, I love seeing all the students show their love for theater every Monday. It brings me so much joy when I get to work with them and give them acting advice, the helpful tips and tricks that I was taught when I was younger by the student leader helping out. I love being able to work with the students and gain closer bonds with them as both a regular student and a role model.



I choose to work with these students because I know how fun and exciting drama can be especially when you are a part of a younger age group. I feel like the older you get the more awkward or ¨embarrassing” certain shows and roles can be, which can affect your acting because it might be a little out of your comfort zone. This particular group of students are so ready for any acting challenge and will even include their own little personality traits into some of these characters. They use their friendship with their fellow peers to experiment with new actions and movements on the  stage. They are all so supportive of each other and I love being able to watch them build new skills on stage.

Submitted by Stella Solomon, Production Assistant, Class of '25







This past year I came back to Rashi to help with theater program in order to complete my volunteer Service hours for High School. Originally I started working with the Middle School Afterschool program for one day a week and by the end of the year I was working both days in Middle School as well as the Lower School Program. I enjoy being part of the program because of the people such as Bonny and Abbie as well as the happy memories of being in the program myself since third grade. This a great learning experience for me working with younger students because I like working with kids and hope to be working with kids in the future.


As the production stage manager for the Lower and Middle School shows, I have been typing up the staging notes for both shows. Students are able to refer to these notes when they miss a rehearsal as well as having a resource if they have forgotten what they are supposed to do in a specific scene. These notes are also used by the lighting and sound technicians as they are designing the show so that they know where the actors will be standing on the stage. I enjoy working with the actors, but I also enjoy doing the behind the scenes work as well.

Submitted by Alyssa Gondelman, Production Stage Manager, Class of '21

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight on the Middle School Fall Play

Behind the scenes of the Rashi Theater Program