Behind the scenes of "The Rainbow Fish"

 

Trying on Costumes for the first time!

The Lower School After school Drama Elective has been working on "The Rainbow Fish" to be presented on Wednesday, December 14th at 2PM and 7PM.  Middle School students have a chance to work with the Lower School students during rehearsals.  They help with acting coaching, backstage management and in some cases they work on design for the Lower School Performances.  Hear what our two Middle School Production Assistants have to say about the Lower School Drama Elective.

Submitted by Oliver L, Grade 8: Production Assistant and Light Designer

At Rashi, the Lower School Students have many options for After School Electives. One of these

incredible activities they engage in is the Lower School Play. This year’s play is The Rainbow Fish.

The story follows a special fish, Rainbow Fish, in an underwater kingdom, who thinks he is better than

everyone else due to his shiny, colorful scales. After an incident, the whole kingdom ends up hating

Rainbow Fish. Reputation ruined, the fish must learn to be kind and modest in order to restore his

rainbow glory.


When we meet on Monday, the cast comes in with smiling faces, ready to start the rehearsal.

Everybody works very hard to memorize their lines, blocking, and to learn the skills required to perform

on stage. “I like doing the scenes because it helps me get better,” said Zoe G., Grade 4, who plays the

part of Little Fish, “I really like to practice. I feel excited to perform the play."


We look forward to having an audience join us in the Kingdom of Coral and hope your day

goes swimmingly.



Submitted by Maddy S., Grade 8: Production Assistant and Scenic Designer

I remember my first rashi drama performance (101 Dalmatians, Kids), as the youngest kid in the show,

I felt like I was so cool to be able to hang out with a Middle Schooler. Before then, I always saw the

Middle Schoolers as something to be afraid of, but my interactions with the older students through the

show showed me that there is no reason to be afraid. I decided that I wanted to be that Middle

Schooler when I was older, and that hope continued all throughout my time as a Lower School actor.

Now, I am the older kid helping out in the Theater. I'm able to look at Lower School Drama from a whole new perspective. It's everything that I hoped it would be, and more. I've loved Rashi Theater since I stepped foot in the space for that first rehearsal, and I am very glad that I have had the opportunity to share my love for it with the younger students


Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight on the Middle School Fall Play

Behind the scenes of the Rashi Theater Program

Spotlight on the Lower School Show